Setting workflow for groups
Setting up workflow for groups lets you specify how changes to content are approved before they appear on the live website. You set up the workflow sing groups from the Security module, then specify the individual users who must approve each change before it is published to the live website.
Note that if you do not set workflow approval for a group, users in the group will not need to have their changes approved before the changes appear on the live website.
To set up workflow for groups, take the following steps:
- Set up the appropriate user groups in the Security module if they are not already created.
- Add the editors who will review and approve content to the Security module, if they are not already created.
- Click on the Workflow tab of the Workflow module.
- Click the Edit link next to the group you want to set workflow approval for.
- From the Editor 1 dropdown list, select the first user who must approve a change before it appears on the live website. Repeat this step for the Editor 2, 3, and 4 dropdown lists. Note that the last user specified as an editor is the one who actually publishes new or changed content on the website. If there is only one editor set up, then changes are immediately live on the website after the editor approves that change.
- To save the approval process, click Save.