Publishing syndicated content
Publishing syndicated content lets you make content on your website available to other websites. They can then import this content when they want to include the content in their website.
Once you publish syndicated content for a module, you can provide the URL to other websites, which they can use to import the content. This published content is formatted as XML, and can be used by any website—but if the website uses Accrisoft Freedom, you can easily import the content without having to format the XML directly.
To publish syndicated content, take the following steps:
- Create the content in the appropriate module if it has not already been created
- In the Syndication module, click on the Publish tab.
- Click on the Publish a New Item button.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the syndicated content. Note that this name is only used in the Blue interface to organize syndicated content.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the syndicated content.
- From the Activate dropdown list, select yes. Only syndicated content sources that have an activation status of yes can be imported to other websites.
- From the Module dropdown list, select the module that you want to publish.
- From the Category dropdown list, select the category you want to publish. This list shows all the categories that are in the module you selected in the previous step. Note that if you want to publish all the categories, select the (All) option.
- In the Maximum Number of Records to Publish field, enter the number of items that you want to publish each time another website requests an update. To export all the items in a module, leave the field blank or enter 0 the field.
- Click the Save button to publish the new syndicated content.
- From the Publish tab, record the URL for the syndicated content from the URL content, and provide it to other websites that will import the syndicated content from your website.