Creating a new user in the Security module
May 11, 2014 5:48 pm
To create a new user in the Security module, take the following steps:
- Click on the Users tab and select the Add a New User button.
- In the User ID field, enter the user ID that the user will enter to log in to the Blue interface.
- In the Password field, enter the password that the user will enter to log in to the Blue interface. The password will appear with asterisks to prevent others from reading it. Note that you should recommend that new users change their password in the Home module after their first login.
- Re-enter the password in the Re-Enter Password field. This prevents you from entering the password incorrectly.
- Enter the email address of the user in the Email field.
- Enter a brief description of the user in the Description field. Usually this is the user's first and last name. Although this field is optional, it may appear in modules that log access to certain features or information, such as Blog, so it is best practice to enter a name here.
- From the Group dropdown list, select the group to which you want to add the user. Note that all users must be added to a group.
- Select the language the user's Blue interface will use. Note that this will only change the language in the new user's Blue interface; not on yours or on the live website.
- If you'd like to make this user active, select yes from the Active dropdown list. Only active users can log into the Blue interface and update the website.
- To add the new user, click on the Add button. The user will be able to log in to the Blue interface. Note that, after adding a user, you should immediately set the access levels for the new user's group.