Creating new Security groups
Security groups let you group users together so that their access levels and settings are easier to maintain. If you have only a few people who use the Blue interface, you'll probably only need one security group in addition to the Admin group, which is the default group created by the system and which has access to the entire Blue administrative interface.
To create a new security group, take the following steps:
- Click on the Groups tab, then the Add a New Group button.
- In the Group Name field, enter a unique name for the new security group. Note that group names are case specific, and because of this, you should not add new groups that use the same name as an existing group if the new group name only differs by case.
- Enter a brief description of the group in the Description field.
- The View Credit Card dropdown list is for use with the Commerce and Forms modules, and is used for processing credit card payments. The default, even if you do not use those functionalities, is to leave the option set to "No, view last 4 digits only."
- If you want the group to be active on the site, set the Active selector to Yes. If you want to activate the group at a later time, select the No option.
- Click the Add button to add the new security group. Once you do this, you can begin customizing access levels and adding new users to the group. Note that it is fine to only have one user in a group, but that every user must belong to a group.