Adding a news poll to my site
May 3, 2014 12:50 pm
To add a new poll, click on the Polls tab at the top of the Polls module and take the following steps:
- Click the Add a New Poll button at the top of the screen.
- Enter a descriptive name for the poll in the Poll Name field. This will appear in the Blue interface and on the website as the link text when visitors click on the link to view other polls.
- Select a Category for your poll from the Category dropdown list.
- In the Start Date field, enter the date that you want the poll to start appearing on your site in MM/DD/YYYY format, or click the calendar button and select the date from the popup calendar.
- Use the Active dropdown list to specify whether or not the poll will be active on the site. Note that only active polls will appear on the live site.
- In the Questions section, in the Question field, enter the main poll question.
- In the Answers section, in the Choice field, enter a choice for visitors to pick from. To add a second, third, fourth, etc. choice, click on the green plus-sign button next to the field. To reorder choice fields, click on the blue button and drag the field to the appropriate location. To delete a choice, click on the red X button. Note that most polls provide visitors with three to five answer choices.
- Click Save, and your poll will be added to the live site.