Adding a Podcast channel
Podcast channels contain individual Podcasts, or items, and can be subscribed to by users. Each individual Podcast is part of a channel.
To add a podcast channel, take the following steps:
- Click on the Channels tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Add a new Channel button. This will open the Add a New Channel screen.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the channel. This will be visible to users who play or download your podcasts.
- Enter copyright information, if applicable, in the Copyright field.
- Select the language of your podcast from the Language drop-down list.
- Enter a description of the channel in the Description field. This will also be viewable to users as they play your Podcast.
- Enter information, including your email address, in the iTunes™ Specific fields. Make sure to select at least one category that describes the nature of the podcast.
- Make sure the channel is set to Active and click Save. This will create the channel and return you to the list of channels. Make sure the newly created channel appears on this screen.
Once you’ve created a channel, you can create an individual podcast.