Adding a Podcast item
Each individual podcast, or item, belongs to a channel. For example, if you send out a weekly podcast on a subject, you should create one channel and attach each individual item to that channel. Now that you’ve created a channel, we can begin creating an item.
To add a new podcast, take the following steps:
- Click on the Add a New Item button
- Select a channel from the Channel dropdown list. If no channels currently exist, you must create one on the Channels tab. Go back to Adding a Podcast Channel for more information.
- Enter a date into the Publish Date field or click the gray calendar icon to select the date from the calendar popup that appears.
- Enter a title for your podcast in the Title field. This title will be visible to people who play or download your Podcast.
- To upload an audio, video or text file that will be syndicated with your Podcast, click on the Select/Upload button to browse through the File Manager. The Podcast module is capable of broadcasting many file formats, including .mp3, .m4a, .m4v, .mov and .pdf. Note that a file must already have been uploaded to the File Manager for you to add it to a Podcast. If the file you’d like to submit is not currently stored on the website, you must go to the File Manager module and upload it there.
- Enter a description of the podcast in the Description field.
- If you want, you can enter information into the optional iTunes™ Specific fields. These fields allow you to provide information about the Podcast.
- Make sure the podcast is set to Active and click the Save button. This will create the podcast and return you to the list of items. At this point, your Podcast has been created and is ready to be streamed or downloaded onto visitors’ computers or mobile devices.