Adding multiple photos in a zip file to a photo album
May 26, 2014 4:12 pm
Adding multiple photos to a photo album is almost as easy as adding a single photo to an album. To add multiple photos to an album, you will create a zip file of the photos and upload it to the album:
- Create a zip file on your computer that contains the pictures you want to add to the photo album.
- Log into the Blue interface of th site and go to the Photo Albums module.
- Click on the Albums tab at the top of the screen, if it is not already selected..
- Click on the Edit link next to the album you want to add photos to.
- Click on the Batch Uploads File button.
- Click on the Browse button and select the zip file that contains pictures you want to upload into the photo album. The path to the file appears in the Upload Image field. The file name of the zip file you upload must contain only letters, numbers, or the underscore character ( _ ).
- In the Thumbnail Size field, enter the appropriate dimensions for the system to use when it automatically generates a thumbnail image for each photo in the zip file. The system will not stretch or skew the image to fit the dimensions you enter; it will automatically generate the thumbnail image to scale based on the largest dimension entered. Note that the system cannot automatically generate thumbanisl for GIF files because of legal limitations placed on the GIF file format. If you upload GIF files for photos, you will need to upload a separate thumbnail for each photo.
- To upload the selected zip file based on the settings you selected, click the Upload button. The zip file is uploaded, unzipped and the pictures appear in the photo album.
- For each picture you just uploaded, click on the Edit link next to the picture and edit the details of the picture with the appropriate information and save those details.