Importing a new newsfeed
The News Feed tab of the News Feeds module lets you import a news feed from another website to your site. The newsfeed must be configured by the system administrator before you can import the content to a module. Once you set up a newsfeed on the News Feeds tab, you can create links to the newsfeed to display it on the live website.
Newsfeeds are similar to syndicated content, but newsfeeds include links back to the original website for all the content of a news article. Syndicated content lets you import all of the content into a website as if it were entered on your website, and even lets you edit or delete the content after it is imported.
To import a newsfeed, take the following steps:
- Identify the newsfeed you want to import. If the content is from a Freedom-empowered website, the content should be published through the News Feed module. If this content is from another source, it should be published through an RSS/XML feed.
- Have your system administrator configure the newsfeed for your website.
- Click the News Feed module.
- Click the News Feed tab.
- Click the Add a New News Feed button.
- In the Description field, enter a brief description of the newsfeed.
- In the Source field, select a source for the newsfeed. The list of available newsfeeds depends on settings made by the system administrator.
- In the Page Title field, enter the title that should appear with the newsfeed. Note that the newsfeed will need to be configured by the system administrator to display this title.
- Click the Save button to add the new newsfeed.
- Create links to the newsfeed or contact your system administrator about including newsfeed lists on the website. The newsfeed will automatically update based on the way the system administrator has configured the newsfeed.