Setting Up Workflow
A workflow process can be set up so that an administrator, or a series of administrators, must approve an item submitted by a member in MyAccount before it will appear on the live website. The settings for the workflow process are configured by Membership group.
- Make sure that the Workflow and Membership modules are turned on.
- Open the Blue interface if it is not already open.
- Open the Workflow Module.
- Click on the Workflow tab.
- Note that a list of administrators and membership groups appears. Locate the membership group that workflow approval will be turned on for. Click Edit next to the name of this group.
- On the screen that appears, up to four editors can be set for workflow approval. These editors must approve the content, in order, before it will be visible on the live website. In this example, only one editor will be set.
- From the Editor 1 drop‐down menu, select your own user ID. This is the ID that you used to log into the Accrisoft Freedom system.
- Click Save.
The system has now been set up to require approval for items added by the specified Membership group. The following steps are taken to approve an item once itís been added by a member. (This example will use the Events Module, although it applies to other modules as well.)
- Open the Workflow module, if it is not already open.
- Click on the Approve tab. A list of items that are waiting to be approved appears here.
- Locate the event to be approved. Click the (Goto) link corresponding with that event.
- The system will open the Events module, which displays a list of all upcoming events. Click Edit next to the name of the event waiting to be approved.
- To approve the item, click the Publish Changes button at the bottom of the screen. If you are the final editor in the workflow process, the event will now be published to the live website.