How to extend Freedom's TinyMCE editor configuration to change or add custom functionality. This method has less risk than using a completely new configuration file. The premise is that we overwrite the original function but still call the original with the same arguments then modify the configuration array that is returned.
- Download the override template. Template on bitbucket . You can click 'Raw' to get just the code to download.
- Open the template in a local editor and modify it to suit your needs, there are many examples to work with. Those that aren't being used should be removed to make the file size smaller.
- Upload the file to your Freedom servers filemanager. I usually place it in graphics/config/ and name is edit.config_overide.js, but this is just a suggestion
- In Freedom > Green > Configuration > Editor > Editor Custom Configuration File -> enter the original config path followed by a 'space' then the full path to your custom config file
Example: /freedom_html/common/lib/editor/editor.config.js graphics/config/editor.config_overide.js
- Test your new customization out.