Create a list of sub menu links.
Hey everyone. This isn't anything too special but it might be a good reference for you and definitely for me.
A lot of designs for interior webpages include a list of submenu items. I usually forget how to create this list and it ends up taking a little longer than it should. Here is a quick guide on how to create that submenu list ** Let me know if you have an easier or more proper way to do so. ** This method takes 5-10 minutes.
1. Create your menu. Make sure you include a Submenu name for each item.
2. Create submenu items for your menu items. Also make sure they are not hidden.
3. Create a new Widget > Menu > Return Item Text. I named mine "menu_text". Select the appropriate "Menu Group" and the "Text Display" should be set to "Top level menu title".
4. Create a Menu Layout that uses the newly created menu (I called my layout "menu_main_subs"). For the "Menu folder:" option, select "(Show menu folder, use current submenu value)".
6. In the item section, my html looks like:
The h2 is wrapped around the newly created widget which prints the selected item of the top menu (note that the green editor does not allow you to select a widget. You just need to type it out). The [[menu_html]] will only print the submenu.
7. Add the new menu layout to your page layout.