Adding 'Search by Zipcode' to a website
May 26, 2014 4:31 pm
Add a "search by zipcode" field to your site can be done very quickly with Freedom. Just follow these steps:
- Create a custom module with a predefined Addess Field
- When configuring the custom module, make sure the address field is geocoded by checking correct checkbox:
- In the Blue Interface, create directory items (make sure to include zipcodes).
- Add a search by zipcode module layout:
a. Green Interface > Layouts Module > Modules Tab
b. Add a new Module Layout
c. Add Custom (Search)
d. Label it and select the appropriate Custom Directory
e. Add conditions. The Field list will be "# Miles radius, Label". Then select Radius from the Search input dropdown.
f. Edit your HTML and save. Here is sample HTML:
<strong>Search</strong> within <input type="image" name="submit" value="Go" src="clientuploads/knowledge_base/searchicon.png" style="padding-left: 4px; vertical-align: middle" border="0" />
- Insert the new Module Layout.