Adding a Membership tab
The Membership Module of the Blue Interface allows you to create custom tabs for collecting membersí data. This is done in the Toolbar Module in Green. Membership tabs that are created become visible as subtabs in the Membership Module in Blue when creating or editing a member.
To create a membership tab:
- Open the Toolbar Module, Modules tab.
- If Membership has already been turned on, click Edit next to its name in the list of modules. Otherwise, turn on the Membership Module. Below the module's configuration settings, the list of existing Membership tabs appears.
- Click the Add a new Tab button.
- Select a template for the tab from the list Ecosystem layouts and click Select.
- Enter a unique identification name in the Unique ID field. This is an internal ID.
- Enter a name for the tab in the Tab Name field. This name will be visible as one of the subtabs of the Membership module in Blue. It will also be visible in MyAccount if access to this tab is provided to members.
- Make sure the Blue option is set to "On." If set to "Off," this tab will not be available in the Membership Module in Blue.
- Click the Add new Tab. The tab will be saved and will now appear in Blue. The next step is to add fields to the new tab.
To add fields to the new tab:
- On the screen displaying the Membership Module's configuration settings and the list of tabs, click the Edit button next to the name of the Membership tab you previously created.
- A new window will appear with settings for the new tab. Click the Fields subtab near the top of the screen.
- The fields that will be visible on this tab appear. Note that there are two default fields, Name and Category.
- Click the Add a new Field button. A new screen will pop up where you can determine the new field's settings.
- When finished entering field information, click the Save button to return to the list of fields.
- Add additional new fields as needed.
To view the new tab in the Membership Module:
- Switch to the Blue interface.
- Open the Membership Module.
- Click the Edit link next to the name of a membership user. Note the subtabs that appear just below the module's tabs.
- Click on the new Membership tab. Information can now be entered into this tab for each member.