Adding Fulfillment items to catalog items
After you have set up all the actions for fulfillment, you can add the actions to items in the catalog. Then, when these items are included in an order, fulfillment items are automatically added to the Pipeline tab of the Fulfillment module for completion.
Note that you can select multiple fulfillment actions for each catalog item. To create a fulfillment action, take the following steps:
- Open your Catalog module—which is a custom commerce directory and may be called something else depending on the needs of your website—if it is not already open.
- Click the Catalog tab. The items that are entered into the catalog appear.
- Click the Edit link for the item that you want to add fulfillment items to.
- Click the Fulfillment subtab at the top of the page.
- Click the Add an Action button.
- From the Type dropdown list, select Add to add a new fulfillment action when the item is ordered. Select Delete to only add the action to Fulfillment when a recurring item is deleted or expired. Note that the Delete type is only used for recurring items in the catalog.
- From the Action dorpdown list, select the action you want to add.
- Click the Save button to add the action to the catalog item.
- Repeat these steps for each action you want to add to an item. Once you have added all the actions for an item, you can repeat steps 3-9 for each item in the catalog that you want to include fulfillment actions for.
Now, when orders are completed that contain items with fulfillment actions, the person completing the order is prompted to enter the fulfillment form information required for the form actions. Then once the order is entered, the items that require fulfillment are automatically added to the Pipeline tab of the Fulfillment module to track and process order fulfillment.