Creating Fulfillment actions
How do I create Fulfillment actions?
Fulfillment actions can be added to items in a catalog. For example, you could create an action named "Domain Registration" and add it to a catalog item for registering a domain. When the domain registration item is ordered, a fulfillment action for the domain registration is automatically added to the fulfillment module. This is then used as a reminder to register a domain.
Note that you can also add forms to an action to collect information for the fulfillment. In the example of an action for a domain registration, you could create a form that goes with the action that you can use to collect the domain name, contact information, passwords and more when completing the order for a domain registration.
You can create an unlimited number of fulfillment actions, then add as many of these actions as needed to each item in a catalog.
To create a fulfillment action, take the following steps:
- Click the Actions tab.
- Click the Add and Action button.
- In the Name field, enter a unique name for the action. This name is what you select when you add the fulfillment action to a catalog item.
- If you plan to use a URL to collect/import information for the action during order fulfillment, enter the URL in the Action URL field with the appropriate variables. This feature will be used in a future release to help automatically order and provision fulfillment items remotely.
- If you want to collect information that will help you fulfill an item, select the appropriate form from the Input Form field. You can create forms on the Forms tab.
- In the Comments field, enter any additional comments for the action, such as how the fulfillment item should be used.
- To add the new action, click the Save button.
You can now select the action for an item in the catalog.