Manually entering a payment
The Manual tab of the Payments module lets you manually process payments that did not go through the payment gateway.
It also lets you add payments into the system from customers who paid by cash or check if you are using the simple invoicing configuration of the Billing module. This way, you can include these payments in your records.
When you manually enter payments for customers, the system tries to match the payment with an order. If the amount matches an existing order amount for the customer, the payment will be applied to the order. If the amount does not match the exact amount, the system will spread the payment across the customer's existing orders.
Note that manual payments appear only on the History subtab of the Billing module and in the Statements for the customer. They do not get entered into the Billing pipeline.
To manually enter payments:
- Click on the Manual tab.
- Click the Add a New Transaction button..
- Click the Select link next to the customer you want to enter a payment for.
- From the Transaction Type dropdown, select the type of payment being made.
- In the Amount field, enter the payment amount.
- From the Payment Method dropdown list, select the method of payment, then enter the appropriate payment information.
- In the Comments field, enter the appropriate comments for the payment.
- Click Save to manually enter the payment. The new payment appears in the list of manual payments.