Refunding a payment
Sometimes you may need to refund payments for credit cards that have already been processed. To do this, simply credit a payment from the History subtab. When you refund a payment, you can specify the amount to refund, which lets you refund any portion of a payment.To refund a processed payment, take the following steps:
- Click on the Gateway subtab, History subtab. The processed order payments appear.
- Click the Refund link next to the order you want to refund. The details of each order paid by the customer appear, including the amount of the payment.
- In the Refund field(s), enter the amount you want to credit to the customer.
- In the Comments field, enter the comments that detail why the customer is receiving a refund to keep a record of refunds.
- To credit the customer, click the Submit button. The system displays the details of the refund if it is successful.
- Click Done to return to the History subtab.