Processing payments using the Payments module
process payments using the Payments module?
When you add orders to the system from the Commerce module, they will automatically appear on the Pipeline subtab of the Gateway tab if they are from customers configured to use a credit card with a payment gateway. This lets you process the payment using the configured payment gateway.
These orders can be placed one of two ways: Processed immediately, or billed later. Orders that are processed immediately do not get added to the Pipeline subtab. Instead, the system automatically tries to process the order. If the payment is processed, it appears on the History subtab. If the payment has any problems, it appears on the Declined subtab.
If the order is configured to bill the customer later, the payment will be added to the Pipeline subtab. These payments are usually processed once a month, but you can process them anytime using the following procedure. Note that when you process payments, you process all payments for a customer, and not individual orders.
To process payments:
- Open the Gateway tab and the Pipeline subtab. The items that you can process appear.
- If you want to delay processing a payment, click the Hold link next to the customer. This moves the customer payments to the Holding subtab for processing later. To move the payments back into the Pipeline, click the Pipeline link.
- Click the Process Payments button.
- Click the Yes button to confirm that you want to process the payments. The system will display a brief summary of the processing; if payments are declined, you should click the Declined subtab to reconcile the declined payments.
- Click the Done button when you are finished.