Adding a new payment
Adding a new payment to the Payments module is done through the Gateway tab, which is divided into three subtabs: Pipeline (which lists payments that have not been processed); Holding (which lists payments that have been manually held to process at a later time), and History (which lists payments that have been processed). All payments are listed by customer name, which helps you locate and organize all the payments on a per-customer basis.
To add a new payment, from the Gateway tab, click on the green Add a New Payment button and take the following steps:
- Select a customer who will be making the payment from the available list. If no customers appear, make sure the customer is set to Use Payment Module to Process Credit Card in the
- Membership module, Users tab, Info subtab.
- In the Amount field, enter the amount for the payment.
- Select a transaction type—either Authorize Only or Authorize-Capture—from the Transaction Type dropdown.
- Enter the name on the credit card to be used for the payment, the card type, card number, expiration month, expiration year, address, and city, state, and zip in the appropriate fields.
- Click Submit to submit the payment to the payment gateway.