Setting up the Projects Module
The Projects Module is used to manage projects within your company. Once a Sale has been closed, it should be immediately added to the Projects module to make sure the entire process is documented. Here's how to set up and use the projects module.
- Customers need to be added to the Membership (Accounts) module.
- Employees or people working on the project need to be added to the Security Module.
Before you can create a project, templates need to be set up. Templates are required to give your projects structure and expedite the project management process. Don't start from scratch, start from a template.
- Open the Templates Tab and click "Add a new Template".
- Create Notes for your project. Notes should include a detailed description about this type of project. The notes will be transfered to every project using this template. Once a project is created, these notes can be edited, but only for that specific project.
- Add To-Do Items. What are to-do items? Well, what needs to be done to complete the project? Create a design, have design approved, schedule deployment, train client, etc.
- Open the category tab and click "Add a new Category".
- Categories are created to group projects by type of project and can also be used to group by stage of project.
Create a New Project
- Click the Add a New Project button from the Projects tab.
- Select a customer from the list by clicking the Select link next to the name. The names you see here are populated from the Membership module.
- Select a template from the templates dropdown list.
- Select a category into which the project will be grouped. If you would like to add a category directly from this screen, click on the Add button and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter a unique name for the project.
- Select a project owner from the dropdown list. These names are also populated from the Security module.
- Click Save to save your project. A new screen will appear, allowing you to enter project information in the Notes section. Note that project notes should be entered in markup language. You can click on the blue question-mark above the section for a quick reference to markup language.
- Click Save again.
Editing and Maintain a Project
Once the project has begin, use the Overview, Messages, To Do, Time and Files subtabs to edit and maintain the project.
- Overview: You can edit a clients information, project notes and the project details here.
- Messages: Create notes about this project that internal employees and workers can see.
- To Do: Add and Append To Do items to the specific project or to the template for future use.
- Time: Manage time spent on each project with the Time subtab.
- Files: Upload files like signed agreements and PSD files.
To watch a short video series on Accrisoft's suggested best practices for project management, click here.