Adding a project to-do
To-do items can be added from either the To Do tab or the To Do subtab of the Projects main tab, but it is recommended that you add them from the To Do subtab.
The three buttons that appear next to each to-do item provide different functionalities. The blue button with the up and down arrow on it will move to-do items; the green button with the plus sign will add an item; and the red X will remove an item.
To add a new to-do item, take the following steps:
- Click the Edit List button on the To-Do subtab.
- Click on the "New To-Do" item link.
- Be sure the name of your project is selected in the Project dropdown list.
- Assign the to-do to a member of the team. The usernames that appear here are populated from the Security module. When assigning a to-do, the person to whom you assign the item will receive an email notification.
- Select a due date for the project, either by entering it in MM/YY/DDDD form in the Due Date field or by selecting a date from the pop-up calendar.
- If the to-do item has been completed, select Yes from the Completed dropdown list; otherwise, leave the selector set to No. Note that to add to-do headers, precede the text with a single equal sign (=). To add to-do milestones, precede the text with double equal signs (==).
- Click Save to add your new to-do. It will appear in checklist format in the to-do list on the To Do subtab, allowing users to check off their tasks as they are completed. Completed to-do items will appear in the Completed Items section of the To Do subtab.
- Continue adding to-dos using the following steps until your list is complete.