Adding a new project
Adding a new project is done from the Projects tab of the Projects module. Note that to use the Projects module, the Membership, Document Manager, and Security modules should also be turned on.
To add a new project, take the following steps:
- Click the Add a New Project button from the Projects tab.
- Select a customer from the list by clicking the Select link next to his or her name. The names you see here are populated from the Membership module.
- Select a template from the templates dropdown list. Project templates are configured in the Templates tab.
- Select a category into which the project will be grouped. Categories are configured from the Categories tab. If you would like to add a category directly from this screen, click on the Add button and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Enter a unique name for the project.
- Select a project owner from the dropdown list. These names are also populated from the Membership module.
- Click Save to save your project. A new screen will appear, allowing you to enter project information in the Notes section. Note that project notes should be entered in markup language. You can click on the blue question-mark above the section for a quick reference to markup language.
- Click Save again.
A new screen will now appear, listing the project name, owner, project notes, and any recent activity. You also have access to Messages, To-Do, Time, and Files subtabs.
On the Projects tab, Project ID is the number the system automatically assigns to a project. The first project in your system will be numbered 1, and will continue chronologically from that point. Even as projects are completed and archived, they will retain their numbers. You can also see the date modified and project owner.