Entering tax rates
Once you've added items to a directory with commerce information or created a form that uses the Commerce module, enter the tax rates for each state were you plan to sell items. If you do not calculate taxes for items sold through the website, you can skip this step and continue with adding zone tables for shipping.
To enter tax rates, take the following steps:
- Click on the Tax tab in the Commerce module.
- Click on the Edit button next to the state to which you want to add a tax rate.
- In the Tax field, enter the tax percentage. Note that you enter 5 for a 5% tax rate.
- If there is a secondary tax, enter it in the Secondary Tax field.
- If you would like to add Tax Compounding, set the dropdown selector to Yes.
- If you would like to include shipping in the tax rate, select Yes from from the dropdown.
- Click Save.