People & Companies Module Layout Changes - Better Presentation of Parent/Child Relationships 11.7.008+
This forum post is to outline the changes made in 11.7.008+ to the People and Companies module layouts to allow a better presentation of the parent/child relationships.
1) Embedding listers of children for a specific company
When editing a People/Companies lister layout, there will be a new configuration option called "When Embedded".
There are three possible values to select:
- "Show Both" - This is the normal, existing behavior
- "Show Children Only" - Limit records to children of the current record
- "Show Parent(s) Only" - Limit records to parents of the current record
When a lister with one of these settings is embedded in a [Detail] Module layout for the same module, it will limit records to children or parents of the current record, respectively.
2) Show Parent information, such as a Company Description, on the Detail page of a Child Record
We have added includes for Parent information to the Child Detail Page.
All of these new includes are prefixed with parent__ (2 underscores).
We have also added an include called [[enable_parent_tags]]. This has to be placed anywhere in the [Detail] layout to trigger the use of these includes.
If you have any questions about this post please send them to email@example.com.