Membership Restrictions (Web Access) v. 10.2.xxx+
In Freedom Version 10.2.xxx+ we made some changes on how to setup Web Restrictions. To view the setup for Web Restrictions for older versions of Freedom Click Here.
The first step in setting up access levels is creating member categories. Each category can have different levels of access, and this determines what content members of this group can view.
To create a new category:
- In the Membership Module, click on the Categories tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the Add a new Category button.
- Enter a name for the new category in the Name field.
- To make the group active, select "yes" from the Active: drop-down menu.
- Skip the rest of the fields for now and scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Save.
To set access levels:
Note: Make sure you have the new Web Access Module enabled in > Green > Toolbar > Add Web Access
- Go to Blue > Web Access > Restrictions Tab > Click on the 'Add a new Restriction' Button > Fill out the Name and Description of your Restriction > Save
- Go to the Member Categories Tab > Edit the Category you want to add the Restriction To > place a check next to the access levels that should be provided for the group. If that access level has been checked for a group, members of that group will have access to the restricted content.
- Go to > Blue > Web Pages > Edit the Page you want to Restrict > Scroll down to the Bottom to the 'Membership Info' section > Choose the Restriction from the 'Web Access' dropdown > Save