Adding a new issue
Apr 20, 2014 11:01 am
As you add a new issue, note that many of the fields are optional, but the more information you can enter on each issue, the better you will be able to track and resolve an issue.
To add a new issue from the Blue interface, take the following steps:
- Click the Add a New Ticket button.
- In the Title field, enter a brief description for the title of the issue.
- From the Category dropdown list, select a category for the trouble ticket, or click Add to add a new category and follow the on-screen prompts.
- From the Severity dropdown list, select a severity level that corresponds with the importance and urgency of the problem. Available options are Low, Medium, High, and Urgent.
- In the Date field, enter the date that the problem occured. If you do not specify a date, the current date will automatically be entered.
- In the Detailed Description field, enter a detailed description of the issue, including the steps you can complete to recreate the issue.
- If you want to include an image with the issue, click the Attach an Image link and upload the image with the issue. Note that you can upload multiple images if needed.
- In the Website URL field, enter the URL of the website used to identify the issue. Be sure to include any login information, if necessary, in the detailed description field for the issue.
- In the Web Browser field, enter the name of the browser isued to identify the issue, then enter the version number of the browser in the Version field, and the operating system in the OS field. These fields help identify issues that are browser-specific.
- In the Account field, enter the name and email address of the contact person for the issue.
- In the Comments field, enter any comments, updates, or other notes associated with the issue. If you would like to have these comments emailed to another administrator or the person who submitted the issue, make sure the Email Public Comments to the Addresses Below checkbox is selected, and enter the email address in the field below.
- Select whether you will take the ticket, give it to another member of your organization, or close the ticket as one of the options that have been specified in the dropdown list.