Setting up Affiliate IDs
The first step in using the Affiliates module is to set up the Affiliate IDs for members in the Membership modules. The Affiliates module tracks all affiliate links based on the affiliate ID set up for a member. If a member does not have an affiliate ID, the member will not be included in the affiliate statistics.
Affiliate IDs are unique identifiers for each member that are tracked via the Affiliates module. This ID is usually very brief and made up of lower-case letters without spaces since it is used in the URL for referral links. For example:
To set up Affiliate IDs:
- Open the Membership module, if it is not already open.
- Click on the Users tab, if it is not already open. The members that are available to edit appear.
- Add the appropriate members, if they have not been added.
- Click on the Edit link next to the member you want to enter an affiliate ID for.
- In the Affiliate Information section, in the Affiliate ID field, enter the affiliate ID you want to enter for the member.
- Click the Save button.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for each member that you want to use with the Affiliate module.