Using Custom Directories for enhanced Email Marketing subscriber lists
While Accrisoft Freedom's Email Marketing module is robust and feature-rich, there are times when it may be desirable to record more information about subscribers than is provided for by default in the Email Marketing module's subscriber lists, and then have access to variables containing these values in campaign emails.
For example, perhaps an insurance company needs to maintain subscriber lists containing additional information such as:
- Projected Savings
- Company Name
- Policy Number
In our example, the insurance company would like to insert the data contained in these custom fields into their campaign emails. This is easy to do using a custom directory to maintain the database of subscribers, and you can add as many custom email fields as you want with this method.
1. Add a blank custom module and set up the fields like this (reference the example scenario described above):
2. Make sure in the custom module configuration, you check the box "Use email field for Email Marketing Subscriber lists" (this will give you an email field for each custom module item).
3. Add a few items to your new custom module with data in it.
4. Create an email campaign and in order to select the email address from the new custom module, press the Edit Conditions button that now shows up in the Distribution List section.
5. After the above has been accomplished, you should now see your custom module fields available in the WYSIWYG editor when editing the content of your email.
Voila, an enhanced subscriber list with as many custom fields as you wish and the ability to have them available for insertion when editing campaign emails!