Checking bounced email addresses
Bounced email addresses originate from messages that are sent back to the servers when an email cannot be delivered to an address. Bounced email helps identify addresses that are no longer valid, have full mailboxes, blocked email accounts, or any other status that prevents email messages from being received by the subscriber. For the system to be able to check for bounced emails, the system administrator must set up an email address to receive the bounced emails and configure the system to use that email address.
To check for bounced emails:
- Click on the Get Bounced Emails button in the Bounced tab of the Email Marketing module. The system checks the server for any bounced email messages sent from any previous campaign.
- To edit a bounced email address, click the Edit link next to the email address. This helps you correct simple typographical errors in email addresses.
- To delete or invalidate a single address, click on the link next to the individual email address.
- To delete all the email messages, click on the Delete All button at the top of the screen. (Note that this does not delete the email address from the Subscriber tab. It only deletes the bounced email message. To delete a select group of messages, either search for the items or select the bounced error code type from the Filter dropdown list.)
- To invalidate all of the email addresses, click on the Invalidate All button at the top of the screen. (To invalidate a select group of addresses, either search for the items or select the bounced error code type from the Filter dropdown list.)