Adding individual email subscribers
Adding individual email subscribers to existing categories may be done two ways: visitors to the website may join the list through a signup form, or subscribers may be entered manually through the Email Marketing module.
To enable visitors to join email lists, sites may use the ENews signup feature, which is a tag entered by the system administrator, or create a custom signup in the forms module. The manual method for adding email addresses to a group is the simple; however, it is recommended that you use the upload database feature of the Email Marketing module if you have a large number of addresses to add.
To manually add email addresses:
- Click on the Add a New Subscriber button in the Subscribers tab of the Email Marketing module.
- In the Email field, enter the email address that is being added.
- From the Category dropdown list, select a Category for the address, or create a new group by clicking the Add button. (To add an email address to multiple categories the address must be manually added to each group separately.)
- Enter the recipient's name in the First Name and Last Name fields. These fields are optional, but if email campaigns use display fields or tags in the body of the email, it is recommended.
- Select the status for the email address: Active, Invalid, Pending, or Removed.
- Click Save. The next time an email message is sent to the category selected for this address, the email will be sent to the new subscriber.