Adding a Product
In the Sales Module, a product must be selected when you add each new sales lead, to show which product your lead is interested in. These can be very specific products, or something more generic, like "New Website" or "Professional Service."
These are not the same as products in a product directory, however; these are only for informational purposes within the Sales Module. You can think of them as templates, because they are designed to give you a starting point for collecting information. For example, if one of your products is a New Website, you can create text that asks for the old website URL, what the budget and timeframe are for the job. This would be entered in the Notes section.
You can also create default to-do lists for a product; for a New Website, you might always want a to-do item for ordering the server.
To add a product:
- In the Sales Module, open the Products tab.
- Click Add a new Product
- Name the product.
- In the Notes section, you can enter notes that you'd like to appear on a sales lead's page whenever the product is selected. This uses special formatting, which you can learn about by clicking the question mark next to the word Notes.
- Optionally, add to-do items to this lead.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, when you're creating a sales lead, this product will show up in the selectable Products drop-down menu.