Adding a Sales lead
To add a new sales lead, you must have already added this person or company to the Membership Module. (On your website, this may be called the Accounts Module.) If you have not yet added this person to Membership/Accounts, switch to that module first and create a new user.
To add a sales lead:
- From within the Sales Module, click on the Sales tab.
- Click on the Add a new Sales Lead button.
- A pop up will appear allowing you to name the lead. You will then be taken to the setup page
- You will then be taken to the setup page. On the top select the Green "People Picker" button and add a user
- To help categorize your sales leads, select a category from the Category drop-down menu.
- Select an owner of the lead from the Owner drop-down menu.
- Optionally fill out the info for the Lead Origin, the Date, and and Notes
- Next you can fill out the Forecasting section including Percent to Close and Date to Close
- You can then set the Sales Status for the record
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen. The lead will be created.
- Now, you can switch to the Activities, ToDo and Files tabs to add notes, to-do items or files to this lead.