Social Module Setup
Turn on the Social module:
1. To turn on the Social module, go to the Green interface > Toolbar module, and click the ‘Add Modules’ button. Click the power icon next to the Social module in the silver section.
2. Finally, choose 'Yes' for the drop down items that you would like to use, and click 'Add'.
To set up the Social module to email subscribers of site updates
1. Be sure that you have the “Notify email subscribers of site updates” setting turned on in module’s settings in the Green interface or the Silver interface > Social module > Networks tab > Setup sub tab
2. Navigate to the Social module (in the Silver interface) > Activity tab > Setup sub tab. Here, you will see a list of site events that can send out email campaigns once triggered. You can choose which events you want to have enabled to send email campaigns, and which campaigns are to be sent when each event is triggered, as well as the message prefix in the header of the campaign sent out.
Save your changes when you are satisfied with the current setup, and you’re done!
To set up the Social module to post to social networking sites
1. Be sure that you have the ‘Notify social networks of site updates’ setting enabled in the module’s settings in the Green interface or the Silver interface > Social module > Networks tab > Setup sub tab.
After this has been configured correctly, we will need to set up a Facebook app for Freedom to use to post updates to your wall.
2. Log in the https://developers.facebook.com/. In the main menu, under ‘Apps’, choose ‘Add a New App’.
3. Choose the 'Website’ option when promoted for the platform of the app.
4. Now, type in the name of your new app for Freedom, this can be anything you want, and click the ‘Create New Facebook App ID’ button to continue.
5. Next, choose the appropriate category for your app, and click ‘Create App ID’.
6. Provide the URL of your site (and mobile site if applicable).
7. Click ’Skip to Developer Dashboard’.
8. You will see your App's ID and Secret, you will need these for your Facebook integration.
9. In Freedom, copy and paste your App's ID and Secret in the Networks tab > Facebook sub tab.
10. Click 'Login' to log in to Facebook
11. Click 'Okay'
12. Click 'Okay' again
13. Click 'Save'
14. Lastly, check the walls that you would like Freedom to post changes to, and click 'Save'.
The Social module is now set up to post site changes to your Facebook wall!