Setting up a new survey
Apr 19, 2014 12:00 pm
Setting up a new survey configuration is done much the same way as configuring a form in the Forms module.
To create a new survey, take the following steps:
- From the Surveys tab, click the Add a New Survey button.
- Enter the survey name and a brief description of the survey in the appropriate fields. Note that the survey name will be visible to visitors to the live site.
- From the next screen, click on the green Edit Survey Configuration button. Note that clicking the green Edit button lets you change the name and description of the survey.
- In the Page Title field, enter the page title for the survey.
- In the Display Fields field, using the gray arrow, choose the display fields that you'd like to use with the survey. Note that you cannot use display fields until they are added to the form as fields. For more information on display fields, see the Forms module documentation.
If you would like to use a display type for the survey, select it from the display type dropdown list.
- To restrict the survey based on levels of membership, select a membership group from the Membership Access dropdown. For more information on setting up membership groups, see the Membership module documentation.
- Set the appropriate options for the survey, such as whether you would like it to be a secure form, save data to the database, or send a notification email to a Blue administrator.
- If you have checked the Send Notification Email box, fill in the appropriate email information, such as subject line and email address. Note that you can send a notification to more than one address; simply separate them with commas.
- If you would like to set up a confirmation page that visitors will see after they complete the survey, enter the information in the Confirmation Page text area. You can use the text editor to format the text and add links and pictures as needed. You can also choose a display type for the confirmation page.
- If you would like to send a confirmation email to visitors after they complete the survey, check the Send Confirmation Email checkbox, enter an email subject line, and then enter the body of the email text in the Confirmation Email text area. You can use the text editor to format the text and add links and pictures as needed.
- Click Save, and your survey configuration options will be saved.