Using Meta Tags
Using the variable in the <head> section of a page layout, item-specific meta information can be added to each item of content (web pages, blog entries, news articles, events, products, etc.) in the Blue Interface instead of the default meta information, which is set in the Tools Module.
How to add default meta data:
- Open the Tools Module in the Blue Interface.
- Click the Search Optimization tab.
- Click the blue Go button next to Meta Tags.
- Here you can add default description and keywords to your site. This content will be replaced by item specific meta data in each Freedom item.
How to add item-specific meta data:
- Edit a Web Page.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a Meta Info section.
- Enter a specific title, keywords and description.
- This data will override the default information set in the Tools Module.
Typically and by default, your page layouts will have - includes in the head section. The include will use the window title of each item with a window title specified. The include will use the site title set in the Strings Module or Blue Interface Tools Module.