Creating a to-do list
Creating a to-do list in the Tools module lets you manage items that need to be completed on a website. You can color code to-do items, using the text editor, and assign them to different site users, and when an item is complete, you can click on the checkbox next to it to have the system draw a line through the item and indicate that it has been complete.
To create a to-do list, take the following steps:
- From the To-Do List tab, click on the Edit List button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Add a New To-Do Item button.
- In the To-Do text area, enter the To-Do list item. You can use the text editor to format text and add links or pictures, or you can enter the to-do item in HTML by clicking on the HTML tab in the editor. However, since a to-do list should be kept as brief as possible, you keep the text to a single sentence or phrase and apply only simple text formatting, such as bolding or changing text color.
- When you finish adding the item, click on the Save button and the item will appear in the list of to-do items.
- To move an item up or down in the list, click the up or down arrow buttons in the order column.
- Repeat these steps for all items you want to add to the to-do list.
Once you've added all the items in your list, click the Back button to be taken back to the main To-Do tab screen. The items will appear there with checkboxes next to them, and you can click in the checkbox to mark them as complete as you work through your list.