Creating Shortcut QR Codes
QR Code shortcuts let you create a QR code that forwards to a URL that you specify. You can then print or digitally distribute that QR code, which can be scanned by smartphones and other devices, and will lead visitors to a page on your site.
QR (short for Quick Response) codes, which are barcodes made up of black and white squares, are a popular way of providing links to people with smartphones. When you create a new QR Code Shortcut, Freedom will generate the QR code and let you specify where visitors will be directed when they scan that code.
Too create Shortcut QR Codes follow these steps:
- From the Gold interface click the Shortcuts module.
- In the Shortcuts module, click the QR Codestab.
- Click the Create a QR Code button.
- In the Description field enter a description for the QR Code.
- From the Forward to: drop down menu, select the Alias that the QR Code will point to.
Alternately, you may create a new alias by clicking the Add Alias button. Remember that when entering a shortcut, enter only the text that appears after the domain name.
- To view the QR Code, click the Generate QR Code button.
- Click Save to save the QR Code shortcut.
Generating the QR Code:
- QR Codes are always square. The Size setting will determine the length of each of its sides.
- Select the size of the QR Code you wish to display.
- Click on the Generate QR Code button to display the QR Code.
- The QR Code URL provides a direct link to the QR Code.
- Print the QR Code by clicking on the blue Print button.