Creating A/B Split Shortcuts
An A/B Split Shortcut is a custom alias that can forward to multiple URLs. The destination of the alias is rotated randomly, so a person who hits the shortcut will be directed to up to three different web pages.
For example, you could create a shortcut for www.mycompany.com/buy that sends people to two different Buy Now pages at random. By comparing the statistics, you could then determine which page is more effective at converting sales.
To create an A/B Split Shortcut, follow these steps:
- From the Gold interface, click the Shortcuts module.
- From the Shortcuts module, click the A/B Split tab.
- Click the Create a URL Alias button
- In the Alias field enter the names of the shortcut.
Note: When entering a shortcut, enter only the text that appears after the domain name.
- In the Forward to A field enter a URL or use the Insert Link button to provide the first destination for the Alias.
- In the Forward to B field enter a URL or use the Insert Link button to provide the second destination for the Alias.
- In the Forward to C field enter a URL or use the Insert Link button to provide an optional third destination for the Alias.
- Click the Save button to save the A/B Split Alias.