Creating blog categories
Apr 20, 2014 11:26 am
Blog categories organize posted entries into groups so bloggers can easily add, edit and update information, while improving navigation for visitors.
To add a blog category:
- Click on the Categories tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Add a new Category button and enter a unique name for the new category.
- If you have display types defined, choose one in the Display Type drop-down menu to change the look entries in the category.
- If you want a graphic to appear instead of the category name when you or site visitors view the category, click the Choose File button, select the image you want to use for the category. Please note that when you upload an image, it will replace the category name on some screens when a visitor views the entry. This means that the image you use for the category should either contain text or some image that adequately describes the category. Also, you still need to enter a descriptive name for the category because it is used in the Blue interface to identify it.
- To add the new category, click the Add button. The new category is created and you can select this category for a blog entry. You can now add blog entries.