Setting up a Donation Campaign
Apr 20, 2014 12:22 pm
You can set up donation campaigns using Freedom's Commerce Module, PayPal, or both. For information about setting up payment processors, please contact your system administrator.
To create a donation campaign:
- Open the Donations Module
- Click on the green Add Donation Campaign button
- In the Name field, name the new campaign
- For Category select a category. If there are no categories to select here, leave this dialog and switch to the Categories tab to create them
- For Credit Card Form, select a form that should be used to collect credit card information from donators.
- If you don't want to accept credit cards, select "(Do Not Accept Credit Card Payments)."
- If you want to collect credit card information but there are no credit cards in this list, contact your system administrator.
- In the Start Date and End Date fields, you can specify start and end dates for the campaign. The campaign will only appear on the live website between the set dates.
- Enter a Goal Amount, which is how much money you hope to raise for the campaign. This will determine how the progress thermometer looks.
- Enter a Current Amount. If you don't want to start at zero, change this to some other number.
- Enter a description of the campaign. This will appear on the live website, describing the purpose of the campaign.
- Click OK. The campaign will be created, and will appear on the live website (unless its start date is some time in the future).