Adding event tickets to a shopping cart
If your site has e-commerce set up, you can let visitors add event tickets to the shopping cart like any other product and pay for multiple tickets, along with other products, all at once.
To do so, you must:
- Have Commerce enabled
- Set up event registration
To allow users to add tickets to a cart, the ticket form must use SSL. This is set when you edit the form configuration.
In addition, you must add a special hidden field to the form. To add this field:
- Create a new field for your ticket form.
- For Field Type, select "Events"
- For Unique ID, select "Use_Checkout"
- For Input Method, select of "Hidden"
Then, when visitors use this form to purchase tickets, the tickets will be added to their shopping cart, and they can add other products to the same cart and check out at any time.