Building registration forms
Using Freedom's event registration features, up to 10 ticket forms can be attached to each event. This is done on the Tickets subtab, which will appear when you edit an event.
Building forms for events is similar to doing so in the Forms Module, except that event ticket forms make use of special Events-specific fields. For general information on building forms, see the Forms Module documentation.
To build a ticket form:
- Go to the Tickets subtab of an event.
- Click the Add a new Ticket Form button.
- A list of available forms will appear. Select one by clicking its "Select" link. This will add the new form to your event. If you would like more forms to choose from, you can make more available by clicking on the Ticket Forms tab towards the top of your screen.
- Now that the form has been added, you can insert fields to collect information like the price of tickets and dates during which the form will be available to site visitors. To do this, click on the Edit Form Configuration button on the right side of the screen.
- From this page, you can name the form, set a ticket price, set the start and close dates when registration will be available, and set an optional early registration price.
- You can also make other changes, such as what type of form it is, and whether email notifications are sent to users who complete the form, determine if it's a single- or multi-page form, give it a page title, set email notifications and set other form configuration options.
- When you're finished, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
- The next step is setting up fields for your form. You must have special "Events" fields for the form to work properly. Some templates will already include these fields.
- Click the Add a new Field button.
- For Field Type, select "Events."
- For Unique ID, select "First_Name."
- For Input Method, select "Textbox."
- Give the field a label -- something like "First Name."
- Make the field required.
- Set an "Alert Message" that will appear if a user tries to submit the form without completing this field.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 9-16 for the other required events fields: Last Name, Email, Phone, and Quantity. These must all have "Events" set at the Field Type, and are all required for event registration to work.
- If you would like to accept credit card payments for tickets, add the following fields with the Credit Card field type: method, card, owner, number, cvv, expiration and hidden total_payment and gateway fields.
- You may add additional fields, such as a field for coupons or gift cards or fields for collecting the user's address. These are optional.
- When you're finished adding fields, click the Back button at the bottom of the page to return to the list of forms.
- If you'd like to add additional forms, for example if you want separate Member and Non-Member forms with different prices, add it by clicking the Add a new Ticket Form and repeating these steps.