Creating event lookups
Do you often find yourself adding the same information to events over and over again? If so, you can use lookups to store that information, and then simply select it from a list when adding new events. For example, if your organization often holds events at the same address, you can select the location from a drop-down list rather than entering it manually each time you create a new event.
There are three types of event lookups:
- Details, for information about an event
- Locations, for an event location
- Contacts, for a contact person
To create an event lookup:
- In the Events Module, open the Lookups tab.
- Depending on what type of lookup you want to create, switch to the subtab of the same name.
- Click the Add a New ... Lookup button (which varies depending on the type of lookup).
- Enter information about the event, location or contact person.
- Click Save. The new detail lookup will be added.
Once a lookup is added, when you add or edit an event, an arrow button will appear next to the corresponding field within the event, and you can select a lookup value for the field instead of manually entering the information. This will gray out all fields that the lookup applies to.
For example, if you have a location lookup, when you add a new event, you'll see a gray arrow to the right of the "Location Name" field. Instead of filling out the location fields, you can click the arrow and select from your location lookups.