Adding a new event
Apr 20, 2014 12:34 pm
When you add a new event, it will display on your live website. You can create a one-time or a recurring event, which will generate new events on a repeatable basis.
To create a new event:
- From within the Events module, click on the Upcoming tab.
- Click on the Add a New Event button.
- In the Title field, give the event a name.
- Choose a category for the event from the Category drop-down list. To add it to a category that doesn't yet exist, click the green "Add" button to the right of the field to add a new one.
- Enter a start date for the event by entering it in MM/DD/YY format in the Start Date field or selecting the date from the pop-up calendar.
- If applicable, also enter an end date.
- In the Start Time field, enter the time that the event will start.
- In the End Time field, enter the time that the event will end.
- In the next fields, enter additional event information, such as information about the event location or the contact person.
- If there's any other information you'd like to provide, enter it into the Additional Information section.
- If you would like to use Freedom's event registration features to allow people to sign up for this event, click to open one of the other subtabs, Tickets, Attendees and Reports.
- To add the event to the website based on the information you've entered, click the Save button. If the event is set for a date in the future, it will be added to the Events Module's upcoming events list and will appear on the live website.