Adding fields to a form
To add a new field to your form, click on the Fields subtab and then the Add a New field button. In this tab, you can easily customize fields on your form without prior knowledge of HTML.
You can also change field labels, re-order form fields, configure validators to prevent visitors from leaving fields blank or entering incorrect information, and create fields with a specific purpose, such as joining the Membership module, ordering a Commerce item, or signing up for a newsletter.
When you add a new field, the system will automatically prompt you to enter additional information as you select the field options.
To add a new field, click on the "Add a New Field" button, then take the following steps:
- Enter the field order number, if you'd like. Or, you can leave this field blank and easily reorder fields using the up and down arrows on the main Fields screen.
- Specify a unique ID for the form.
- Decide how the visitor will submit form information by choosing an input method.
- Enter text for the label that precedes the field.
- Specify how the label and field are formatted on the form with Output Format.
- Use the Required selector to specify whether the field on the form is required and cannot be left blank. Note that if you set this to Yes, you must also enter text in the Invalid Text field.
- If you'd like to specify a default value or values, enter it in the Default field. These values depend primarily on the input method selected for the field.
- If you have selected an input method that requires values, enter them in the Values field.
- Click Save, and your form will be added to the Web Forms tab.