Creating a new forum topic
Apr 20, 2014 8:41 pm
Before you can post a message to a forum, the forum must have at least one topic.
To create a topic, take the following steps:
- Click on the Topics tab. The existing topics will appear.
- To create a new topic, click the Add a New Topic button.
- From the Forum dropdown list, select the forum in which you'd like the topic to appear.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the new topic—for example, "Questions" or "Comments."
- In the Author field, specify the author of the new forum topic. Note that the default is the username you use to log in to the Blue interface.
- In the Views field, enter the starting number of views you'd like the forum to have. Changing a number in this field will start the topic with a number other than zero.
- In the Sticky Sort Order field, enter the number in which you'd like the topic to appear in the list.
- If you'd like to allow Membership module users to post to this topic, make sure the Allow Membership Users to Post to This Topic checkbox is selected.
- Fill out the Last Post information. Note that the last post date will only appear until a new post is made, at which point the date will change to reflect the date of the last post. The default is the current date. The default for Last Post User is the username you use to log in to the Blue interface.
- Click Add, and the new topic will be added to your forum.