Create a new forum
Apr 20, 2014 8:40 pm
To display a forum on your website, you must first create one in the Blue interface. Forums are organized by topic, and you must create at least one topic before any posts can be made to a forum.
To create a forum, take the following steps:
- Open the Forums tab. The existing forums will appear.
- Click on the Add a New Forum button.
- In the Name field, give the new forum a name. This will be visible on the live website, so you should make sure the name is informative.
- In the Category field, select from the existing categories to group your forum. If there are no existing categories, or you would like to create a new one, click on the Add button. A pop up window will appear, prompting you to enter the name of the new category. Enter a name for the new category and click OK.
- In the Sticky Sort Order field, enter the order in which you would like your forum to appear on the live website.
- If you would like to allow Membership module users to post to the forum, make sure the
- Allow Membership Users to Post to This Forum checkbox is selected.
- Fill out the Last Post information. Note that this date will only appear when a new post is added or changed, and the default setting is the current date. The default for Last Post User is the username you use to log in to the Blue interface.
- In the Blurb text field, enter a brief description of the forum. This will be visible to site visitors, so it should be used to briefly state the forum's purpose.
- Click Add. The new forum will be created and will be visible on the Forums tab and on the live website.