Adding a new job category
Apr 20, 2014 9:34 pm
Job categories let you organize and group jobs so you can easily add, edit, and update job information, and make it easy for visitors to locate the job by job function on your site.
To add a new job category, take the following steps:
- Click on the Categories tab in the Jobs module
- Click on the Add a New Category button.
- In the New Category field, enter a name for the new job category, such as Human Resources, IT, Sales, etc.
- If you would like to use a display type for the category, select it from the Display Type dropdown list.
- If you'd like a graphic to appear instead of the category name when visitors view the job listings, click the Browse button, select the image you want to use for the category name, then select the Open button. The path to the image appears in the Upload Image field, and the image is uploaded when you click the Add button. When you upload an image for a category, the image will replace the category name on some screens when a visitor views the job listings. This means that the image you use for the category should either contain text or some image that adequately describes the category. You will also still need to enter a descriptive name for the category because the category name is used in the Blue interface to identify the category.
- To add the new category, click the Add button. The new category is created, and you will be able to select the category when you add a new job listing.