Adding a new job
When you add a job, you only have to enter the information you want to provide for the job, and you do not have to enter information in every field. For example, if you don't want to enter salary information for the job, simply leave the field blank and the information won't appear on your live site.
To add a new job, take the following steps:
- Click on the Job Listings tab in the Jobs module.
- From the Category drop-down list, select the job category into which you'd like to group the job. The category you select can help visitors locate the job by function, instead of viewing a longer list of all available jobs.
- In the Job Title field, enter a descriptive name for the job. Try to be as specific and informative as possible.
- In the Job Code field, enter the unique code for the job. This information is used to track candidates on the Candidates tab.
- From the Contact dropdown list, select the contact person for the job.
- From the Location dropdown list, select the location of the job.
- From the Job Type dropdown list, select the type of job being added.
- From the Facility dropdown list, select the facility where the job will be located.
- If you would like to send the candidate a predefined email after he or she submits a resume, select it fro the Response Email dropdown list. If the response email you'd like to use does not appear in the list, you can add it in the Lookups tab. To use this feature, you must use an appropriate job candidate application form, which is set for a job but configured in the Forms module.
- From the Form dropdown list, specify the form you'd like to use for the candidate application.
- If you want to enter keywords that describe the job, enter them in the Keywords field
- In the Salary Range field, enter the salary range for the job.
- In the Description field, enter a detailed description of the job. Be sure to list any special job requirements or pre-requisites here.
- In the Benefits field, enter a detailed description of the benefits of the job.
- To make the job posting active on the live site, make sure the Active dropdown is set to Yes.
- To add the new job, click Save. The new job will then appear on the live site.